We work directly with the referring veterinarian, providing on-site services that ensure patients are cared for in one location and thus helping clients avoid the stress of travelling to different and distant locations with an unwell pet.
Vet Ophthalmology Consultations
An accurate ophthalmic examination is often impossible without the correct instrumentation. We are fully equipped to provide a full and comprehensive ophthalmic examination.
Instruments used in an ophthalmic examination include:
- Finoff transilluminator
- Slit lamp biomicroscope
- Panoptic ophthalmoscope
- Indirect ophthalmoscope
Extensive experience together with the correct instrumentation allows us to diagnose ophthalmic diseases at the time of the consult and advise you and your clients on the best plan of treatment for optimum outcomes.
Currently servicing veterinary practices in the inner east, north east and south east suburbs of Melbourne however we are happy to consider an expansion of our radius.
Animal Eye Surgery
We have extensive experience and a full range of specialised ophthalmic surgical instruments and equipment to perform a wide range of extra-ocular surgeries (cataract and lens luxation surgery are currently not available – please see FAQs section for more detail).
Dr Meehan was trained to perform ophthalmic procedures with an operating microscope and surgical loupes, these allow for much greater precision and advanced surgical techniques that carry a higher prognosis for successful outcomes. In your clinic, we are able to provide this same optimum level of care with the use of specialised, high quality surgical loupes of varying magnifications depending on the procedure being performed.
Some of the surgical procedures we offer include:
- Entropion repair (all breeds and species)
- Medial canthoplasty
- Four corner closure
- Mesenchymal Stem cell transplantation for the treatment of dry eye
- Eyelid tacking in puppies with entropion
- V-plasty to remove eyelid tumours
- H-plasty to remove larger eyelid tumours
- Reconstruction of eyelid agenesis
- Replacement of the gland of the third eyelid (cherry eye surgery) including complex cases (i.e. breeds likely to re-prolapse post op such as bull dogs and chronic cases)
- Repair of scrolled cartilage
- Distichia surgery (including cryoepilation and transconjunctival excision)
- Ectopic cilia surgery
- Conjunctival pedicle graft
- Corneo-conjunctival sliding graft
- 360 degree graft
- Gunderson Flap
- Grid Keratotomy
- Intrascleral prosthesis surgery (as an alternative to enucleation)
- Enucleation and exenteration surgery
- Glaucoma injection
Interested in becoming one of our Vet Partners? Book an appointment.
Or, not yet a partner but have an urgent case that you’d like us to come and see.